We are currently recruiting for a Workshop Manager to join our Volkswagen Inverness branch.
The successful candidate will ideally have a service technical background and will provide guidance to the team of technicians to ensure customer satisfaction measures and workshop targets are met.
Being part of Hawco Group, you will be working for one of the few remaining family owned car retailers which has over 65 years’ experience delivering excellent service to motorists in the north of Scotland.
On offer are exceptional opportunities for development and a competitive remuneration package.
- Supervise and motivate our team of Service Technicians and proactively review daily workload to seek opportunities that will help drive performance efficiency.
- Ensure understanding and adherence to the requirements of Brand service requirements and customer satisfaction indicators.
- Maintain a clean, well-decorated and tidy workshop to achieve the highest standards of workshop presentation.
- Calculate and manage the effective use of workshop resources for the Brand.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction by implementing quality checks, resolving any issues, and re-assuring customers by providing all necessary information and advice.
- Maintain relationships with the Brand and provide technical information to the Service Technicians during repair operations.
- Record repair information in accordance with all MSR programmes that are current at the time.
- Approve work order and ensure time allotted is not exceeded and that additional work is recorded accurately.
- Be responsible for accurate warranty work and to ensure that parts exchanged are returned for claim.
- Carry out work competently and within the timescales provided by the Brand or Head of Service.
- Manage workshop standards in accordance with HSO requirements.
- Maintain safe working practices and abide by the working rules and standards of the Brand.
- Maintain and develop own skills and technical knowledge.
- Interact with members of other departments to develop a Brand team culture.
- Comply with any reasonable task assigned to you by your line manager to ensure the smooth running of the department.
Key Attributes and Skills:
- A high level of technical knowledge and experience.
- A proven track record in achieving and exceeding monthly sales objectives.
- A working knowledge of warranty systems and the Brand is advantageous.
- Previous experience in a similar role or management experience is advantageous.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Friendly and professional with enthusiasm for great customer service.
- Computer literate including Microsoft Packages.
- Team-player and ability to build an effective team.
- A full and valid UK Driving Licence.
Our Offer to You:
- Generous Annual Leave.
- Competitive Salary.
- High earning potential through Commission or Bonus.
- Company Vehicle.
- Extensive Brand Training.
- Great learning and career opportunities.
- Discount on new and used cars.
- Discounted servicing, parts and accessories.
- Employee customer referral scheme.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Wellbeing Scheme.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The company reserves the right to close the role earlier should sufficient applications be received.