Trainee Parts Advisor / Parts Advisor
We are recruiting for a Trainee Parts Advisor (or Parts Advisor dependant on experience) to join our Peterhead team with the opportunity to progress within the Aftersales team.
As a Parts Advisor you will be an integral member of the Aftersales team. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the parts department as well as delivering outstanding customer service every time. This is a full-time, permanent role working 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 5:30pm.
Working for Hawco Group you will be part of one of the few remaining family owned car retailers which has over 65 years’ experience delivering excellent service to motorists in the north of Scotland.
- To receive and identify stock
- Check goods from suppliers to ensure they conform to requirements and are of a suitable standard
- To correctly locate items in the Parts Department
- To ensure accurate identification of customers’ needs by means of parts catalogues
- To conduct all transactions with customers and other departments with the utmost courtesy
- To ensure customer satisfaction and service are fully understood and are communicated to other members of staff
- To comply with any reasonable task assigned to you by your line manager to ensure the smooth running of the company
- Responsibility for general storage conditions, preservation of stored goods including monitoring of shelf life products, stock rotation and check and receipt of incoming parts stock
- To ensure that all required parts for any particular repair or service and additional accessories are offered to customers
- To order parts to the customers requirements quoting delivery times and prices accurately
- To ensure all paperwork, documentation and requisitions are properly recorded within stock control system
What you’ll need:
- Previous experience in a Parts or Aftersales environment would be advantageous
- An interest in the motor industry
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with enthusiasm for great customer service
- A smart and professional appearance
- Has initiative and can self-manage
- Professional telephone manner
- Organised and an efficient timekeeper
- Computer and IT literate
- A full and valid UK Driving Licence
Our Offer to You:
- Generous Annual Leave
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive Brand Training
- Great learning and career opportunities
- Discount on new and used cars
- Discounted servicing, parts and accessories
- Employee customer referral scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wellbeing Scheme
Due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We reserve the right to close the role prior to the advertised closing date should a suitable applicant be found.
Before applying for this position, please be aware of our Applicant Privacy Notice below.