Joining us as a Panel Technician within our busy workshop in Inverness, will involve carrying out vehicle repairs to approved standards as well as delivering unbeatable customer service every time.With your technical knowledge and professional attitude, you will be able to work efficiently and productively, carrying out welding jobs, filler work and remove/refitting panels using all the correct repair methods.
Working for Hawco Group you will be part of one of the few remaining family owned car retailers in the Highlands which has over 65 years’ experience delivering excellent service to motorists in the north of Scotland.
Key Attributes and Skills:
- Experienced Panel Productive and will possess all relevant qualifications (City & Guilds or NVQ)
- Experienced in the repair of all makes of vehicles
- You will be able to interpret technical instructions and repair estimates, work within guidelines ensuring ‘right first time'
- The ability to work as part of a team to deliver excellent customer service
- Demonstrates an honest and diligent approach to work
- Good problem solving skills
- Systematic and organised; pays attention to the finer details
- A full and valid UK Driving Licence
Job Responsibilities include:
- Carry out all repairs according to best practice procedures.
- Interpret and implement technical instruction data
- Ensure body alignment equipment is used accurately on all body repairs
- Seek clarification from the Bodyshop Manager or Bodyshop Administrator if a work order is not clear or seems incorrect
- Complete assigned jobs within the estimated repair times
- Safeguard the customer’s vehicle and its contents while in the workshop
- Ensure that all vehicles comply with safety standards when returned to customers
- Observe, recognise and report on vehicle structure where necessary
- Report on the job card all faults or defects detected while working on the vehicle
- Report any additional damage found when stripping the vehicle directly to the Estimator/ Foreman
- Report accurately and correctly all components, materials, consumables and hours used on each vehicle repair, keeping wastage of all materials and consumables to the minimum and placing orders for replacement parts Keep work area clean, tidy and free from hazards
- Ensure all health and safety, environmental and recycling policies, plus all internal policies and procedures are adhered to, focusing on customer needs and building upon the professional reputation of the retail facility, reporting any concerns to the Bodyshop Manager or to the Health and Safety Officer
- Check the condition and ensure the correct maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in accordance with company policy
- Undertake all other tasks and activities as requested by the Bodyshop Manager
- Ensure all policies and practices are followed adhering to the retail and wholesale standards to build upon the professional reputation
Our Offer to You:
- Generous Annual Leave
- Competitive Salary
- Extensive Brand Training
- Great learning and career opportunities
- Discount on new and used cars
- Discounted servicing, parts and accessories
- Employee customer referral scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wellbeing Scheme
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.