Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will prepare monthly management accounts and will be responsible in ensuring the integrity of the balance sheet.You will also assist in statutory reporting and production of monthly management information submissions to our manufacturer.You will assist the Financial Controller in developing controls and ensuring they are adhered to.
- Production of monthly management accounts.
- Produce accruals and prepayment schedules including vehicle stockbook checks.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including production of annual audit lead schedules.
- Update and maintain the fixed asset register, including annual impairment reviews.
- Assist with production of financial and operational submissions to the manufacturer, and address related queries.
- VAT / HMRC compliance and reporting.
- Help develop and update financial processes and procedures.
- Assist with cashflow forecasting.
- Assist with monthly payroll submissions and checks.
- Assist with KPI reporting and ad-hoc financial analysis.
- Help provide cover for purchase ledger, sales ledger & cashier.
- Archive maintenance.
- Ability to produce monthly management accounts, within tight deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of financial processes.
- Experience of VAT / HMRC compliance.
- Ability to work on own initiative, but also as part of a team.
- Flexible – non-standard working hours will be necessary at times.
- Up to date knowledge of current accounting standards.
- Minimum part qualified or equivalent experience within Accounting.
- Good working knowledge of Excel.