We are recruiting for a Paint Technician to work at our Inverness Bodyshop centre. As a Paint Technician you will accurately and skilfully undertake preparation and repainting of motor vehicles ensuring all work is completed safely and complies with retailer, manufacturer and industry guidelines.
Being part of Hawco Group you will be working for one of the few remaining family owned car retailers which has over 65 years’ experience delivering excellent service to motorists in the north of Scotland.
- Carry out all repairs according to best practice procedures
- Meeting acceptable safety and quality standards
- Interpret and implement technical instruction data
- Use all paint mixing schemes and drying areas/equipment accurately for all paint repairs
- Communicate effectively with the Bodyshop Manager and Bodyshop Administrator
- Complete assigned jobs within the estimated repair/paint times
- Safeguard the customer’s vehicle and its contents while in the workshop
- Ensure that all vehicles comply with safety standards when returned to customers
- Observe, recognise and report on vehicle paintwork
- Report all faults or defects detected while working on the vehicle
- Report any additional damage found when preparing the vehicle
- Keep work area clean, tidy and free from hazards and ensure the oven is swept and cleaned before vacating
- Ensure all health and safety, environmental and recycling policies, plus all internal policies and procedures are adhered to, focusing on customer needs and building upon the professional reputation of the retail facility, reporting any concerns to the Bodyshop Manager or to the Health and Safety Officer
- Check the condition and ensure the correct maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in accordance with company policy
- Undertake all other tasks and activities as reasonably requested by the Bodyshop Manager
- Ensure all policies and practices are followed adhering to the retail and wholesale standards to build upon the professional reputation
Key Attributes and Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Self autonomous – ability to work with minimum supervision
- Time Management – ability to manage own workload
- Enthusiastic & passionate about delivering the highest level of customer service
- Team player
- Interpersonal skills - using tact and diplomacy when liaising with both internal and external clients
- Basic level of numeracy, IT and literacy skills
- Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Before applying for this position, please be aware of our Applicant Privacy Notice.
Job Type: Full-time