HR Business Partner
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Business Partner to join our growing HR Department at Hawco Group.
As HR Business Partner, you will work with the HR Team and Board of Directors to create an effective workforce plan at Hawco Group, optimise employee performance through implementing effective learning and development tools, and ensure that Hawco Group are legally compliant in all aspects of Employment Law. This is a full-time, permanent role working 37.5 hours per week. Flexibility will be considered when agreeing a specific working pattern.
Being part of Hawco Group you will be working for one of the few remaining family owned car retailers which has over 65 years’ experience delivering excellent service to motorists in the north of Scotland.
- Work closely with the HR Team and Board of Directors to create a robust HR strategy and workforce plan for the entire Group
- Manage the recruitment and induction process for all employees through use of best practice and legislation compliance
- Develop, update and implement policies to meet company objectives and maintain legal compliance
- Manage employee relations cases by ensuring company policies and procedures are applied consistently throughout the Group
- Provide best practice HR advice and guidance to managers on issues such as employee relations, effective recruitment practice, informal intervention, coaching and mediation
- Support the bi-annual performance assessment cycle by tracking assessments, supporting managers and implementing L&D solutions
- Conduct training needs analysis, identify skill gaps, and implement L&D solutions
- Analyse HR Data metrics such employee turnover, absence, performance, employee engagement and suggest solutions towards continuous improvement
- Encourage a collaborative working approach by developing strong working relationships with senior management throughout the Group
- Liaise with external agencies and legal bodies as appropriate
- Assist the HR Team and Board of Directors with projects that arise
- Assist in auditing the monthly payroll, contracts of employment, contractual changes, recruitment authorisation, the HR database and headcount reports
Key Attributes and Skills:
- At least 3 years experience in a HR role
- CIPD qualified
- Previous experience providing complex employee relations advice and guidance
- Previous experience coaching and developing senior managers
- Strong interpersonal, influential and communication skills
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Solid knowledge of employment legislation in practice
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy
- The confidence to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy
- Co-operative and supportive team player
- A full and valid UK driving licence as travel to multiple sites may be required
- Chartered member of the CIPD
- Previous experience in a Learning and Development role
- Experienced training facilitator
Our Offer to You:
- Generous Annual Leave
- Great learning and career opportunities
- Discount on new and used cars
- Discounted servicing, parts and accessories
- Employee customer referral scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wellbeing Scheme
Due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We reserve the right to close the role prior to the advertised closing date should a suitable applicant be found.
Before applying for this position, please be aware of our Applicant Privacy Notice at https://www.hawcogroup.co.uk/.